[vtkusers] how create a ply file from an extractedselection in a polydata

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 19:12:10 EDT 2012

My suggestion is start using debugger,
and review your coding style.

For example:

int NumberOfSplitNodes;
for(int m=1; m<NumberOfSplitNodes; m++)// debut de boucle des régions

NumberOfSplitNodes variable is undefined but used.
As I mentioned already compiler should have provide a warning and you
expected to read (at least) them,
but if you did not declare variable in a "C" style without
initialization it would not happen.

Also if you want somebody to look in your code deeply you should have
provided as small; as possible
self - sufficient example and make sure it is posted in the way it can
be compiled as is and it is clear what you are trying to achieve.
May be some comments could help. For example why /8 in the following line?
 int j=(this->Input->GetNumberOfPoints()/8);

Alex