[vtkusers] Having VTK in both DEBUG and RELEASE mode

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 18:58:49 EDT 2012

> How can I have VTK in both debug and release mode?

With Visual Studio In my opinion (having programmed for 4 years now
with this software) the best way is to not to build the INSTALL target
on any kitware software. Instead when you build your applications and
cmake-gui asks for VTK_DIR, ITK_DIR, GDCM_DIR ... point these to the
binary build tree for each package. Also if you can avoid using SHARED
this will also make things simpler since you will not have to develop
macros in your CMakeLists.txt to copy the dlls from these to your
Debug, Release .. folders.

John