[vtkusers] Variable symbols in PARAVIEW

Zhou, Wenzhong wzhou at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 14 17:46:25 EDT 2012

Hi Vtkusers,

I use PARAVIEW for my simulation post-processing. When I do a simulation recently, I have encountered a problem. In "Variables" list of  "Object Inspector", there are three kinds of symbols for variables after check boxes – the first one is like a block, the second one is four dots, and the third one is like a square inside a circle. I wonder what they represent respectively. When I check the boxes with four dots, the variables can appear in the "Mapped variable". However, When I check the boxes with a square inside a circle, the variables can not appear in the "Mapped variable" to select. I wonder what I can do to solve this problem. I'd like to plot them over line and time. In the past when I used PARAVIEW I have only seen the first two symbols, and have never encountered this kind of problem.

Thanks

Wenzhong