[vtkusers] Mouse position in world coordinates

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 18:52:30 EDT 2012

Mouse is positioned in 2D plan.
You certainly can get it coordinates.
Counting you camera position and your projection type,
you can identify ray (line) in 3D space which is representing all
possible 3D positions.(infinite number of points)

Without other conditions specified that is it.
To obtain specific point you need additional surface(object)  to
intersect this line with.
If for example all objects in your model were located in 2d plan, you
could intersect line with it (if it has intersection).