[vtkusers] Point Selection on vtkChartXY

Giuseppe Marco Randazzo gmrandazzo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:09:33 EDT 2012

ok thanks.... it works... but get me the selection the second time that
i select other points....

For example i select two point first time and the output is:

Selected Points

secont time i select 4 points and the output is:

Selected Points
Number of tuples : 2
18
272

now i reselect the same two point of the first time ad the output will be:
Selected Points
Number of tuples : 4
20
10
341
203

that correspond to the previous selection.

It's strange, maybe there is a pointer to update after selection and
before getting selection?

here is the code:

void ScatterPlot2D::getPointSelected()
{
   qDebug() << "Selected Points";
   vtkIdTypeArray *idarray =
vtkIdTypeArray::SafeDownCast(chart->GetPlot(0)->GetSelection());
   if(idarray){
     qDebug() << "Number of tuples :" << idarray->GetNumberOfTuples();
     for(vtkIdType i = 0; i < idarray->GetNumberOfTuples(); i++){
       qDebug() << idarray->GetValue(i);
     }
   }
}