[vtkusers] interactively and really deleting cells

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 10:52:09 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Goodwin Lawlor <
goodwin.lawlor.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM, Tasnim <hanene-jeder at hotmail.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi  vtkUsers,
>> I have a mesh, when i pick in the mesh, i will retrieve some CellId. Now,
>> want to delete , really those cells from my mesh, i tried by using this:
>>

>> polydata= reader->GetOutput();
>> for (vtkIdType i=0, i<10; i++)
>> {
>> polydata->RemoveCellReference(j);
>>                         polydata->DeleteCell(j);
>>                         polydata->Modified();
>>                         polydata->Update();
>>                         polydata->RemoveDeletedCells();
>>                         polydata->Update();
>> }
>> But nothing is happening. Any Help pleaaase,
>> regards,
>> Tasnim

There is also this:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/PolyData/DeleteCells

It is marked as "broken", but I don't remember what was wrong with it. If
you can get it to work, it would be great if you could fix the example or
explain what doesn't work.

David