[vtkusers] Paraview and VTK noob : Texture map a png to a plane ?

Alex L Chalmers alex.l.chalmers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 13:21:22 EDT 2012

I'm sure its just 3 lines of python but I havnt been able to get the
paraview GUI to take my png file and show it on a plane alongside my other
3d objects (they are showing up fine).

Plane made, image loaded, TextureMaptoPlane created... sifted through
advanced parameters ...

My intent is to develop the 1st pass of displays using the GUI, repeat in
python then  build them in C++ using VTK. Is this a good approach ?

Any pointers to a tutorial ?  I've downloaded several , associated data
sets and the ebook.