[vtkusers] Shadows not being created?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 18:36:07 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Arnaud BARRE <arnaud.barre at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a naive comment, but maybe this feature is not supported by the
> driver of you graphic card under Linux?
>
> I'm curious to know how this example works under Windows (with a Nvidia card
> for example).

I switched video drivers and it indeed now works as expected.

I tried to put a check in the example:

  bool supported = vtkFrameBufferObject::IsSupported(renderWindow); //
adapted from line 182 of vtkShadowMapPass.cxx

  if(!supported)
    {
    std::cerr << "Shadow rendering is not supported by the current video"
              << " driver!" << std::endl;
    return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

but when I run that I get this error:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
  Serial number of failed request:  65

Is there a different way I can check for this condition?

David