[vtkusers] Save vtkChartXY to PNG

Jakub Poła jakub.pola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:29:05 EDT 2012

Thank you for your help Jothy. This filter is working but I have to
create renderWindow and call at least once Render() method to obtain
proper output data from vtkWindowToImageFilter. I would like to omit
render window and go directly from vtkChartXY to PNG ( Let  assume that
there is no X11 support on the machine where program will work), but I
suppose that it is not possible easily.

On 10/24/2012 01:55 PM, Jothybasu Selvaraj wrote:
> Here you go
>
> vtkSmartPointer<vtkWindowToImageFilter> windowToImageFilter =
>              vtkSmartPointer<vtkWindowToImageFilter>::New();
>      windowToImageFilter->SetInput(this->view->GetRenderWindow());
>      windowToImageFilter->Update();
>

>      vtkSmartPointer<vtkPNGWriter> writer =
>              vtkSmartPointer<vtkPNGWriter>::New();
>      writer->SetFileName("FileName");
>      writer->SetInput(windowToImageFilter->GetOutput());
>      writer->Write();
>
> Jothy
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Jakub Poła <jakub.pola at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good Morning,
>>
>> I have question related to create charts in vtk. Is it possible to save
>> chart as png image without creating the snapshot of window like in paraview?
>> I would like to write a batch program which aims to analyze large data set
>> and creates series of charts.
>> I have vtkTable feeded by the vtkExtractArraysOverTime filter, then basing
>> on this table I would like to create chart object which I would like save as
>> PNG image.
>>
>> Thank you very much for your support.
>> Jakub
>>
>> --