[vtkusers] Setting QVTKWidget in QT Creator

Rodrigo Lovera lobo.theslayer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:47:54 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm developing a gui application using VTK in QT Creator IDE, i'm working
> on a windows 7 64bits os and compiling with Visual C++ Express 2010. I've
> already build VTK for QT use obteining all that is necessary. I'm totally
> new in QT use and almost new in Vtk use as well. I've got the .dll and. lib
> plugins for QT designer and I can create my .ui file like the structure of
> my gui... but what i'm looking for is to work the whole project in Qt
> Creator environment, my point is that I don't now how to add this
> QVTKWidget into QT Creator so I could work the gui and my vtk project on
> the same environment.

I' ve read  in previous messages of the use of "promote QWidget into QVTK
Widget" but how to do it?, what files do I need to add in order to get this
done. Is it enough promoting this qwidget into qvtkwidget to visualize the
renderwindow of vtk into my gui app??. All kind of hel 'd be well received.

Thanx in advance.

--
*Rodrigo Lovera Sandoval*