[vtkusers] SetCutPlane not working in vtkImageResliceMapper

Debjit Ghosh dghosh at chla.usc.edu
Mon Oct 22 15:15:02 EDT 2012

Thank you David. So I have been working on the camera alone and here is what
I have done:

Fixing the focal point as the center of the volume I have realized is
essential to centering the image on the screen.

vtkSmartPointer<vtkCamera> cam = ren->GetActiveCamera();
cam->SetPosition(x,y,z);
cam->SetViewUp(0, 0, -1);
cam->SetFocalPoint(dimX/2, dimY/2, dimZ/2);
interactor->Render();

(with the SliceFacesCamera ON and SliceAtFocalPoint OFF)

Now, with regards to setting up of position: you mentioned that I need to
apply the formula,
Position[0] = FocalPoint[0] + distance*normal[0];
Position[1] = FocalPoint[1] + distance*normal[1];
Position[2] = FocalPoint[2] + distance*normal[2];

My question is:
a) How are you relating "roll and pitch" to distance?
b) Here you say that I am to multiply distance to the normal vector, but
when I am using the vtkCamera object as mentioned above, the normal is
controlled by the position variable itself? So there is no variable as the
normal
c) By setting the focal point to the center of the volume, will I still be
able to slice the volume starting from the tip of the cone till the base? My
slicing always has to start from the tip of the cone - only then will my
visualizations always be as in image 1 (slice starting from the tip of the
cone), and never anything else like image 2, image 3 (slice starting from
elsewhere).

I have also added an image of the 3D volume so this will help make the idea
of slicing from the tip of the cone simpler.
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5716760/3D_View_of_the_volume.png>
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5716760/Image_1.png>
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5716760/Image_2.png>
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5716760/Image_3.png>