[vtkusers] Importing msh into vtk

Darya Shcherbakova dasha140 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 03:52:32 EDT 2012

Hello everybody,

I have created a script in C++, based on  the vtkSelectEnclosedPoints and
some other libraries. This script checks if the point is inside or outside
of the surface geometry. Normally, my script loads only STL files as a
surface geometry files.

However, now I have a more advanced case. I have to export a surface mesh
file from the Fluent and try to read it into the vtk. I tried to export a
surface mesh in the .msh format, but I am not able to read it  into the
vtk. Fluent does not export .stl files either.

Do you have any ideas how it would be possible to do? May be some other
programs, which could help me to convert one of the Fluent files into any
format, which is supported by vtk?

Thank you,

All the best,
Darya.