[vtkusers] SetCutPlane not working in vtkImageResliceMapper

Debjit Ghosh dghosh at chla.usc.edu
Fri Oct 19 19:31:37 EDT 2012

Hi David,

I am having a hard time doing what I need. Here is what I have done:

1.	I have fixed the focal point (dimX/2, dimY/2, 0) such that in the given
volume which is a cone, it is at the tip of the cone, and the view up as
[0,0,-1] so that the display is centered
              a. But with this I have the problem where the visualization is
falling in the lower half of the screen and not centered.

2.	When I am trying to move the position of the camera (I am quite sure at
this point that I can slice through the image by keeping the focal point and
the viewup constant and varying the position alone), I have no idea how I
can roll and pitch my slice, through the image.

To be clear about what I am trying to achieve, finally -> Given that I have
a conical volume, I need to set the cut plane at the tip of the cone and I
have a sensor which keeps spitting out the roll, pitch and yaw and as it
does, I need to be able to slice through the image such that it looks as if
the user is performing ultrasonography where the screen always shows the
triangular image.

Following your reply to the email, would it be possible for me to contact
you directly? I would like to share some images with you which would make my
question simpler to perceive.

I appreciate your help very much knowing that you have tremendous experience
in dealing with image volumes.

Regards,
Debjit

Researcher