[vtkusers] vtkContourFilter not reporting progress

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed Oct 17 05:06:46 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm using a vtkContourFilter on a 3D floating point vtkImageData to
create an isocontour. I installed an observer on the filter for the
ProgressEvent. The problem is that the filter doesn't seem to report a
useful progress -- it simply jumps from 0% to 100%.

Digging into the filter's code seems to show that the filter calculation
is delegated to the SynchronizedTemplates3D subobject, which in turn
seems to report an useful progress; however, this progress is not
getting "forwarded" to the vtkContourFilter.

Am I doing something wrong or this is the expected behaviour?

Thanks,
--
** Qt Developer Conference: http://qtconference.kdab.com/ **
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com | Software Engineer