[vtkusers] Developing a windows app with VTK and C++

Rodrigo Lovera lobo.theslayer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 00:30:29 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a four pane visualization project for 3D volume
visualization, so far i'm getting into vtk and obteining some results but
all of them working as a windows console. I'd like to work with a windows
application and develop a GUI for these. I may be kinga begginer in c++ and
dunno for sure where to start or what way to take.

I've been thinking in developing in Visual C++ Express working the project
as a win32 app or perhaps making use of Qt which I have no idea on how to
do that. For using visual c++ I got the library to work by using cmake.

Which way 'd you recomend me to take, does Qt needs any specific
installation or build of vtk?? in that case any special requirement to add
the libs and includes in Qt?... My goal to achieve is a GUI with the
4paneview of the volume and the orthogonal planes and some adding data
button and views activation.

I'd really appreciate any help or guide you could give me, thx in advance.

--
*Rodrigo Lovera S.*