[vtkusers] vtkCompositePipeline, vtkMultiBlockDataSet and parallel computation

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:12:42 EDT 2012

Hello

I'm trying to use the possiblity of the vtkCompositePipeline in order to
use multiple core to process data.

As far as i understand, i need to cut my data into seperate piece to
fill a vtkMultiBlockDataSet and then all filter, even not
composite/multiblock aware filter whould work fine with it.

But i've tried to put a vtkMultiBlockDataSet into a vtkOutlineFilter,
but i got

vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x181e5e0): Input for connection index
0 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkOutlineFilter(0x181cc30) is of
type vtkMultiBlockDataSet, but a vtkDataSet is required.

Any idea, example, toturial shwoing how to use this
vtkCompositePipeline? Only the filter listed here
<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkMultiBlockDataSetAlgorithm.html>
will work with vtkMuliBlockDataSet? Do the use of
vtkCompositeDataPipeline will allow parallelism in my software?

Thanks

Mathieu