[vtkusers] Extend vtk class

Rebecca Reizner rrreizner7590 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 16:56:52 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to write a class called vtkEllipseTube that extends
vtkPolyDataSource. When I try to compile it, I get this error:

CMakeFiles/EllipseTube.dir/
home/reizner1/LiouvilleCSE/CSE/Geometry/src/vtkEllipseTube.cxx.o:(.rodata._ZTV14vtkEllipseTube[vtable
for vtkEllipseTube]+0x240): undefined reference to
`vtkEllipseTube::Execute()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [EllipseTube] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/EllipseTube.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Here is my CMakeLists.txt file if that is any help.

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

PROJECT(EllipseTube)

find_package(VTK REQUIRED)
include(${VTK_USE_FILE})

include_directories (../../include)
include_directories (../../src)

set (SOURCES ../../src/vtkEllipseTube.cxx)

add_executable(EllipseTube EllipseTube.cxx ${SOURCES})

if(VTK_LIBRARIES)
  target_link_libraries(EllipseTube ${VTK_LIBRARIES})
else()
  target_link_libraries(EllipseTube vtkHybrid )
endif()

Thanks for your help,
Rebecca