[vtkusers] Append volumes with different dimensions

anupriya.sharma at accenture.com anupriya.sharma at accenture.com
Thu Oct 4 03:42:12 EDT 2012

Hi David

I am trying to append two volumes with the help of vtkImageAppendComponents .
The two volumes are fused successfully if the dimensions(DataExtent,Dataspacing,DataOrigin) of both of them are same.

But if the dimensions are different then I get an error.

For instance the DataExtent of first volume is 239,255,175 and the DataExtent of second volume is 93,93,35

Then I get the following error

vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (000000001CD40000): The update extent specified in the information for output port 0 on algorithm vtkImageReader(000000001CD61900) is 0 239 0 255 0 175, which is outside the whole extent 0 93 0 93 0 35.

Could you please help me out in this.

How should I append volumes with different dimesions?

Regards
Anupriya Sharma

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.