[vtkusers] slow rendering

abusq albert.busque at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 04:52:50 EST 2012

Hi everyone,
i have a problem with slow rendering of my model when I interact with him.
Here's a code snippet to explain better my problem:

void MouseInteractorStylePP::OnMouseMove()

    // Capturing interaction  //
    // ... //

    // Getting point's reference of my figure. pdfigure is my model's
polydata
    float* figure_points =
reinterpret_cast<float*>(pdfigure->GetPoints()->GetVoidPointer(0));

    // computing my new points coordinates and write it on figure_points
pointer

    // Updating polydata
    this->pdfigure->Modified();

    // Render
    this->GetCurrentRenderer()->GetRenderWindow()->Render();

The computation of points coordinates takes about 20 ms (no problem) but
calling Modified() and Render() about 1-2 secs. So it's too slow!
I'm working with 543.652 vertices and 1.087.716 triangles and using
vtkPolyData.
So... there're another way to do better/faster?

Thanks a lot!