[vtkusers] vtkPanel/canvas/renderwindow in a JFrame/JPanel MacOS

Scott Kelly stk at veritegroup.com
Mon Nov 26 15:50:42 EST 2012

I wanted to follow up to the problem I'm having with VTK and MacOS (see original email below).  I'm hoping someone may have some insight.

I'm having issues putting a vtkPanel, vtkCanvas or vtkRenderWindowPanel into a JFrame or JPanel on MacOS.   The vtk panel renders outside of the frame or panel but the interaction for the window stays within the original frame/panel.  I would like the vtk panel to stay within the Jframe and Jpanel.  On Win7 or Ubuntu the code works as expected, the vtk panel is contained within the Jframe or Jpanel.

As you hover over or interact with the original Jframe/Jpanel Java constantly outputs the following error:

JavaVM WARNING: JAWT_GetAWT must be called after loading a JVM.

I'm using Java 1.7.0_09, VTK 5.10.1 and MacOS 10.8.2.

This problem can be reproduced using the TreeViews.java and Focus.java examples included with VTK.

Thanks in advance,
Scott