[vtkusers] VTK + openMPI + CMake

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 26 09:21:26 EST 2012

On 11/25/2012 06:24 AM, Matthias Härtel wrote:
> Hey,
>
> can anybody give me some hints for using vtk with mpi? I have some
> problems to compile my code! Iam using vtk 5.8.0, openMPI 1.6, Visual
> Studio 2008 and CMake 2.8.10.
> Has someone use mpi with cmake before and give me some CMakeList entries?

I do VTK + openMPI + CMake on fedora all the time.

Search the VTK dashboard for a windows build that uses MPI ... Ouch they
all seem to be GNU/Linux distributions.

How about ParaView... There do seem to be windows builds of ParaView
that ran TestMPI :

http://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=9&name=TestMPI&date=2012-11-26

Hopefully you can gain some insight from looking at their notes files.