[vtkusers] Light source similar to a flashlight?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 09:03:31 EST 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> The resolution of the plane is too small (it is one polygon). Set its
> resolution to 100 and everything works ok.

Ah, this even fixes the first problem - it now works with the camera at
(0,0,1) as well. I guess I thought that lighting would be applied in pixel
space in the renderer rather than in "vtk cell" space (i.e. I didn't think
the underlying composition of the plane would have mattered for this).

Dmitir, let us know if this does not get you farther:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Lighting/Light

Thanks Bill!