[vtkusers] Light source similar to a flashlight?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 08:15:56 EST 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Move the light to 0,0,2 and you will see it. I'm not yet sure why this
> works.

When I move the light to (0,0,2), I do see one side of the plane (from the
viewpoint of the light) (an explanation of why would indeed be helpful :)
), but the back of the plane is still black. I assume this has something to
do with the direction of the plane's normal, but I don't understand why you
can see the back of the plane without the light, but not with the light.
Whatever ambient light was available in the scene before adding the new
light should still be there after the additional light is added, no?

David