[vtkusers] Need help installing VTK on Linux

Gestuality us 600gestures at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:17:07 EST 2012

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I tried installing mesa-common-dev (which I got from
http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/xorg-edgers/precise/main/base/mesa-common-dev)
and I got the following error:

$ sudo dpkg -i
mesa-common-dev_9.1~git20121110.c6f426c0-0ubuntu0ricotz~precise_i386.deb
Selecting previously unselected package mesa-common-dev.
(Reading database ... 32420 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking mesa-common-dev (from
mesa-common-dev_9.1~git20121110.c6f426c0-0ubuntu0ricotz~precise_i386.deb)
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mesa-common-dev:
 mesa-common-dev depends on libx11-dev; however:
  Package libx11-dev is not installed.
 mesa-common-dev depends on libdrm-dev; however:
  Package libdrm-dev is not installed.
*dpkg: error processing mesa-common-dev (--install):*
* dependency problems - leaving unconfigured*
*Errors were encountered while processing:*
* mesa-common-dev*

Can you please tell me what the problem is?
Is there something else I need to install before installing Mesa?

Thanks,
Shripad D