[vtkusers] Filtering ultrasound data set for visualization

Rodrigo Lovera lobo.theslayer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:57:31 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm working with a dicom set of slices and planning to apply some filters
for ultrasound image data set. I'm constructing a volume from a set of
slices and I'm not sure which filter 'd be more suitable to apply. Perhaps
you could guide me with that. I know that median filter works fine for
speckle noise and also the anisotropic difusion, but as I'm using slices of
images as input I'm not sure if those filters haver to be implemented for
2d or 3d.

I'd appreciate any help in these filtering stuff, thx in advance it'll be
good if you could show me some basic code maybe for inplementation.

--
*Rodrigo Lovera Sandoval*