[vtkusers] strange linker problem when using x64 libraries

Serena Wong shwong at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 02:15:52 EST 2012

Hi,

I have a vtk program which i compiled for win32 and everything works fine.
I am not moving to x64.  i recompiled the vtk libraries with no errors
using MSVC 2010 (with the solution file generated from Cmake Lists). .
However, when i compile my program (now set on x64 settings and linking to
the x64 VTK libraries,  I get linker errors LNK2001 about the
vtkLookupTable (the SetTableValue method) and the vtkDataArrayTemplate
(WritePointer method)  When i comment out the calls to SetTable ValueI'm
able to compile -- even though other functions in vtkLookupTable are being
used.  i am also linking against vtkCommon.lib  Any ideas why i may be
getting this weird error?

Linker problem i am getting is:

1>ImagingDataStructures.lib(CSpatialStripScanVisualization.obj) : error
LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl
vtkLookupTable::SetTableValue(int,double,double,double,double)"
(?SetTableValue at vtkLookupTable@@QEAAXHNNNN at Z)

1>ImagingDataStructures.lib(CSpatialStripScanVisualization.obj) : error
LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl
vtkLookupTable::SetNumberOfTableValues(int)"
(?SetNumberOfTableValues at vtkLookupTable@@QEAAXH at Z)

1>ImagingDataStructures.lib(CSpatialStripScanMatrix.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol "public: int * __cdecl
vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::WritePointer(int,int)" (?WritePointer@
?$vtkDataArrayTemplate at H@@QEAAPEAHHH at Z)

1>C:\dev\AurisSw\AurisSw\OCT\App\ToolOCTApp\x64\Release\\ToolOCTApp.exe :
fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

Thanks,
Serena