[vtkusers] Rigid Body Transformation

Daniel Santos danielsantos5589 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:19:18 EST 2012

Hello all,

I need to align 3d models. At this point "the user" can pick a set of
points to define 3 planes (i.e. Sagital, Coronal and Frankfurt - skull
analysis). To be more precise, the user must pick 3 points to define the
Sagital plane, then must pick another point and the application calculates
the second plane (Coronal) taking the 4th picked point and the Normal of
the Sagital Plane (defined with the 3 first points). In the end the user
pick three more points to define the Frankfurt plane. The planes are all
defined taking as input a point and a Normal.

I'm using the static
function*vtkTriangle::ComputeNormal(double[3],double[3],double[3],double[3])
*
to compute the Normals and the *vtkLandmarkTransform *to calculate the
Rigid Body transformation.

The problem is that the model is not aligned at all (far from that). Am I
doing something wrong using VTK? Or is my "solution" not valid for cases of
alignment like this one?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

--
Daniel