[vtkusers] vertex in the Mesh's boundary

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 11:55:41 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Tasnim <hanene-jeder at hotmail.fr> wrote:

> Thanks for reply, Yes i saw this example, but in this example, how can I
> retrieve the vertex for those edges. I mean, how will this allow me to
> access to the vertex of each edge?? what is the line that access me to
> edge's vertex!!! any idea???
>
> Regards,
> Tasnim

If you use a vtkIdFilter before the FeatureEdges filter (a demo here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/PointCellIds) - there
will be an 'ids' array in the output that you can use to get the ids of the
boundary vertices. Write out the FeatureEdges output to a vtp and read it
with Paraview to see the contents of this array easily.

David