[vtkusers] The output of vtkCutter as polydata

soheilghafurian soheilghafurian at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 15:07:15 EDT 2012

Hi everyone. I am trying to send the output of a vtkCutter class into a
vtkCurvature, but I get the runtime error from vtkCurvatures that there are
"No points/cells to operate on". Does anyone know what i should do? I have
wrote the main part of the code here. Thanks a lot.

vtkSmartPointer< vtkCutter > cutter = vtkSmartPointer< vtkCutter >::New() ;
cutter->SetCutFunction( plane ) ;
cutter->SetInput( cylinder ) ;
cutter->Update() ;

vtkSmartPointer<vtkCurvatures> curv = vtkSmartPointer<vtkCurvatures>::New()
;
curv->SetInputConnection( cutter->GetOutputPort() ) ;
curv->SetCurvatureTypeToMean() ;
curv->Update() ;