[vtkusers] Flattening a probed surface

jruiz jonathan.ruiz3 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:46:31 EDT 2012

Thanks, I'm going to follow your instructions step by step, first I'm trying
to get de surface area to set the dimension of the image data.

Is it even close ? I'm getting the length for the extruded spline as "width"
and "height" is the length of the extrusion. I guess this values need to be
multiply by the spacing what I get from the source image.

vtkImageData image_data= new vtkImageData();

double[] spacing = dicomImage.getNormalized().GetOutput().GetSpacing();

double width = spline.GetLength() * spacing[0];
double height = surfaceHeight * spacing[2];

image_data.SetDimensions(width, height, 1);