[vtkusers] Passing vtkPolyData to function

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sat May 26 06:48:29 EDT 2012

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 5:04 AM, cel02000 <cel02000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Actually I didn't put the whole code. But polyDataInput is made inside the
> function and stores the data read from a file.

I find that most of the time it is not worth figuring out what happens
to the smart pointers. I usually do something like this:

int myfun(vtkPolyData* polyDataOut)
  {
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData> polyDataInput =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData>::New();
   // ... generate your input ...

       vtkSmartPointer<vtkCleanPolyData> cleanPoly =
         tkSmartPointer<vtkCleanPolyData> ::New();
      cleanPoly->SetInput( polyDataInput );
      cleanPoly->Update();

       polyDataOut->DeepCopy(cleanPoly->GetOutput());

return 0;
}

David