[vtkusers] Passing vtkPolyData to function

Paulo Alexandre Neves paulo.alex.neves at gmail.com
Sat May 26 04:52:02 EDT 2012

Hello,

Where is polyDataInput coming from?

Best regards,
------Original Message------
From: cel02000
Sender: vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org
To: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: [vtkusers] Passing vtkPolyData to function
Sent: 26 May 2012 04:31

Dear All,

I have a function which takes a vtkPolyData in its argument. Inside the
function, I want to assign this polydata to the output of vtkCleanPoly. I
don't get the correct result by the following code. Could someone help me
with how I should do this assignment in line 7 in the following code?

1    int myfun(vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData>& polyDataOut)
2    {
3         vtkSmartPointer<vtkCleanPolyData> cleanPoly =
tkSmartPointer<vtkCleanPolyData> ::New();
4         cleanPoly->SetInput( polyDataInput );
5         cleanPoly->Update();
6
7         polyDataOut = cleanPoly->GetOutput(); // my question is in this
line.
8
9         return 0;
10    }