[vtkusers] error message in subdividing a cell

tasnim hanene-jeder at hotmail.fr
Wed May 23 12:49:01 EDT 2012

Hi everybody,
i create a program which creates a spheresource, then i select a cell,
create a vtkPolyData from it, and try to subdivide it with the
vtkLoopsubdivisionFilter.But, when I pick a cell, a message error appears:

 *Warning: In C:\vtk-download\vtk
source\Graphics\vtkLoopSubdivisionFilter.cxx, line 363
vtkLoopSubdivisionFilter (019BAE58): vtkLoopSubdivisionFilter only operates
on triangles, but this data set has no triangles to operate on. ERROR: In
C:\vtk-download\vtk source\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 756
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (019BB448): Algorithm
vtkLoopSubdivisionFilter(019BAE58) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (019CD1B8) Debug: Off Modified Time: 3532 Reference Count: 1
Registered Events: (none) Request: REQUEST_DATA FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1 FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0*
 This message shows that my new polyData didn't contain triangles.
Any Help please, and thanks