[vtkusers] Mesh cutting using freehand curve

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 22 02:16:58 EDT 2012

Hi Miguel,

Try out this pipeline:
(in Tcl but it's the same idea in any language)

  vtkPoints selectionPoints
    selectionPoints InsertNextPoint 1.0 1.0 1.0
# etc...

  vtkSelectPolyData select
    select SetLoop selectionPoints
# connect your data here
    select SetInputConnection [mydataFilter GetOutputPort]
    select GenerateSelectionScalarsOn
    select SetSelectionModeToLargestRegion;

  vtkClipPolyData selectclip
    selectclip SetInputConnection [select GetOutputPort]
    selectclip SetValue 0.0

It's not 100% robust but works for most meshes that have well behaved
topology...

hth

Goodwin