[vtkusers] Image coords and image transformation

Fabian Torres fabian.trobles at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:06:48 EDT 2012

Hi.

I would try to explain my problem the best I can.

I have some ultrasound images that have certain position, orientation and
scale in a world space coordinate.

To display each image in vtk scene I have used vtkTransform in the
vtkImageActor for each image:

actor->SetInput(image);
actor->SetTransform(transform);

I´m able to display the images in the correct position and orientation in
the vtk scene. This has not been a problem.

Now, the problem I have is that I want to access the vtkImageData from its
world space coordinate, not the image coords.

Example if I want to access the pixel (0,0,0) image coords meaning the
first pixel of the imageData, and I know that this pixel is located in
the coordinate (100,130,89) in the world space. How can I access to the
data of this pixel using the world space coordinates?  Can I access
the imageData from the actor?

--
Fabián Torres Robles
Maestria en Ciencias en Ingeniería Electrónica
e-mail fabian.trobles at gmail.com, dae.wong at gmail.com