[vtkusers] memcpy for a vector stored in vtkStructuredGrid

cel02000 cel02000 at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 04:43:12 EDT 2012

Dear All,

I have a vtkStructuredGrid dataset which has a vector of three components. I
want to copy the first component of the vector by using memcpy. I tried the
following but it copies all the components. Could someone help me how to do
it?

vtkIdType numberOfTuples = sgrid->GetNumberOfPoints();
double* data;
data = sgrid->GetPointData()->GetArray( "Vel3D" )->GetTupleN( 0,
numberOfTuples-1);
memcpy( (void *)(mxGetPr(pa2)), (void *) data, sizeof(data));

Thanks,