[vtkusers] Get Tuple of vtkDataArray

Bayliss, Chris (Chicago) cbayliss at gnresound.com
Thu May 17 15:51:10 EDT 2012

I am trying to create a two column, 5 row dataset with vtkDataArray.
However, when I try to access the data in the second column, I get some
garble like: 05BCBE88.  Am I accessing the data incorrectly?  The data
from the first column is fine.

vtkDoubleArray * distvals = vtkDoubleArray::New();

distvals->SetNumberOfComponents(2);

distvals->SetName("distvals");

double dist = sqrt((points[0]-pathpoint[0])*(points[0]-pathpoint[0]) +
(points[1]-pathpoint[1])*(points[1]-pathpoint[1]) +
(points[2]-pathpoint[2])*(points[2]-pathpoint[2]));

distvals->InsertTuple2(i, dist, i);

for (vtkIdType c=0 ; c < 5 ; c++)

{

std::cout << "list: " << distvals->GetTuple1(c) << " , " <<
distvals->GetTuple2(c) << std::endl;

}

Why does GetTuple2(c) not return the data that was entered?  Is this a
simple conversion issue?  If so how would I convert that number for
output?

Thanks,

Chris

**** GN GROUP NOTICE - AUTOMATICALLY INSERTED ****
The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail, delete this e-mail, and do not disclose its contents to anyone. Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily the GN group. Thank you.