[vtkusers] indexes on a surface

Hila Hiler hilahiler at gmail.com
Thu May 17 01:57:24 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I encountered with an unreasonable problem.
I inserted my surface (it's the head's skin like present in my profile) and
walk with a vtkIdType index on its points.
my expectation is that just the points which on this surface will be
visited, but the strange part is that other points were visited too.

this is my code:

 vtkIdType  numPointsOnSurface = mySurface->GetNumberOfPoints();

for( vtkIdType idx= 1; idx < numPointsOnSurface; idx++)
  {
      mySurface->GetPoint(idx,physical_point_on_surface);

so I checked and saw that physical_point_on_surface isn't on the surface in
some cases.

What have I missed?

Best Regards,
Hila