[vtkusers] How to use ColorByArray feature of vtkQtTreeView?

KrishnaPG KrishnaPG at Yahoo.com
Wed May 16 13:33:40 EDT 2012

Hello,

Can any one point some info on how to use ColorByArray feature of
vtkQtTreeView? Not much examples anywhere.

Main confusion is: after supplying the color array name, how to supply the
color array itself to the tree view?

I have a vtkIntArray with name 'VertexColors' and I have done this below:

treeview->SetColorArrayName("VertexColors");
treeView->ColorByArrayOn();

A point lookup table with a theme is created and applied for the treeview.
But the actual vtkIntArray of color indices itself is not attached to the
treeview - where and how to attach that to the treeview?

For a graph I would have done, graph->GetVertexData()->AddArray() - but for
vtkQtTreeView??

Any help is appreciated. Thx.