[vtkusers] Avoiding program crashing when an algorithm does

Carlos Delgado carlos.m.delgado at gmail.com
Tue May 15 12:14:10 EDT 2012

Hello:

I have developed an VTK application with a Qt GUI. I am using the
vtkSelectPolyData class in my program. This algorithm crashes when not
finding the edge, and a vtkOutputWindow is open showing an error
message and the program crashes.

My question is: How can I avoid program crashing when the algorithm
does? I have tried a try/catch structure to handle the problem, but it
didn't help or I didn't implemented it properly. Could anyone give me
some tip on how to approach this problem?

Thanks so much in advance.
Regards,
Carlos Delgado.