[vtkusers] medial line extraction

Bayliss, Chris (Chicago) cbayliss at gnresound.com
Fri May 11 14:33:07 EDT 2012

I was able to resolve my issue with the vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction Filter.  Following these steps suggested by Tim Hutton, in combination with linking vtkinfovis in the cmakelists file of my project fixed the problem.

1.    add the .cxx and .h files to the Graphics Library

2.    add the line vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction.cxx to the CMakeLists.txt in the Graphics directory.

3.    If you have VTK 5.8 or later, you do not need to comment out the VTK_GRAPHICS_EXPORT line of the .h file.

4.    Add vtkinfovis to the Link_Libraries line of the cmakelists file of your project.

5.    Re-build VTK, and  re-build your project with cmake.

I was able to get the medial sheet and axis of a polydata shape using the vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction filter and the vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath filer.

Chris