[vtkusers] Does vtk support any segmentation algorithm for polygonal data ?

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:13:02 EDT 2012

You could try:

// .NAME vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter - extract polygonal data based on geomet\
ric connectivity
// .SECTION Description
// vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter is a filter that extracts cells that
// share common points and/or satisfy a scalar threshold
// criterion. (Such a group of cells is called a region.) The filter
// works in one of six ways: 1) extract the largest (most points) connected reg\
ion
// in the dataset; 2) extract specified region numbers; 3) extract all
// regions sharing specified point ids; 4) extract all regions sharing
// specified cell ids; 5) extract the region closest to the specified
// point; or 6) extract all regions (used to color regions).
//