[vtkusers] quick question, how to apply a filter

gonza8888 gonzaloama at yahoo.com.ar
Wed May 9 10:54:22 EDT 2012

Hello, sorry for this basic question ,but I am very new at this.

I have an Image, and I want to apply mitk::ImageToSurfaceFilter , and use
the surface obtained as an argument of other function.

- First question: This filter transforms the image into a triangular mesh?

(If first question is true)

- Second (what I wanted to do) :

  boost::shared_ptr< Mask > myMask = *maskIter;  // Mask = mitk::image
  surface = ImageToSurfaceFilter (myMask);
  otherFunction (surface);

That is the idea of what I wanted to do. But reading the Documentation of
the filter I don't get how to use it, and I can't find examples either.

Thanks!