[vtkusers] Threading Timer Issue

Taru S twrkmail at gmail.com
Fri May 4 13:47:44 EDT 2012

Hello All,

I have integrated an external device with VTK. When interacting using the
external device things work fine for a few seconds but the attempt to
re-render the GUI (qt based) window fail after a while.

I am using a vtk timer based approach to re-render the window in the main
application thread and use Mutex locks to set and unset the variables in
the device and application threads.

The issue seems to occur when the device thread attempts to read the
variable that is locked for update by the application thread. The prog
throws a Qt exception at this point.

Could someone please help me with this issue and suggest a workaround. I
tried creating a Qt based timer as well but for some reason it is not
getting invoked.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tanu