[vtkusers] vtkStructuredPoints and vtkExtractVOI

Ben Schneider benjamin.schneider87 at web.de
Thu May 3 08:52:05 EDT 2012

Hello,

I want to extract a portion of a vtkImageData ( i.e. Structured Points), but
when trying this with vtkExtractVOI it somehow
corrupts my lighting and gives me the following error:

ERROR: In /home/VTK/Graphics/vtkFieldDataToAttributeDataFilter.cxx, line 349
vtkFieldDataToAttributeDataFilter (0x30b2d90): Number of scalars not
consistent

I'm specifying the VOI like this:

vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractVOI> m_imageFilter =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractVOI>::New();

m_imageFilter->SetVOI( imin, imax, jmin, jmax, kmin, kmax );

How can I properly cut away/filter parts of a
vtkImageData/vtkStructuredPoints ?

Thanks in advance,
Ben