[vtkusers] ParaViewWeb - bad X server connection

Tuan Ha Tran tuan-ha.tran at insa-lyon.fr
Thu May 3 04:26:39 EDT 2012

Hi everybody,

     I tried to configure ParaViewWeb to use with X but I didn't success. So I ask for your help.
     What I did :
     - Build ParaView using X (VTK_USE_X) because I need ParaView GUI for coding Python plugin
     - Start Active mq JMS Broker
     - Start Tomcat server
     - mpirun ./pvserver -display localhost:0 (in ParaView/install/bin)
     - xhost +
     - add all the LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that I can start ./PWServer, ./pvserver, ./paraview

    When I tried to start ParaViewWeb in localhost/PWApp, I received "bad X server connection" in log file (working directory)

    So I want to ask
    - if I have well followed the instructions to setup ParaViewWeb
    - if you have any idea about what happens?

   Thank you very much for your help