[vtkusers] Adaptive axis

Sebastien Calvi sebastien.calvi at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 16:17:29 EDT 2012

Hello Vtk Users,

I am using inside my project a vtkCubeAxesActor and I have already slightly customized it in order to be able to specify different number of ticks & labels for them; I do not display a "cube" but more a parallelepiped...
What I would like to do is to change the number of TICKS after any zoom in/out action made by the user, like that if my shape is "big" or "small" I can display an optimum number of ticks.

I have thought about using the camera "ParallelScale" var (since I am in "ParallelProjection" mode) but it I am not sure...
Maybe it is possible to do that depending the axis itself but I am not sure either.

I am not looking for an already made solution (I checked already, nothing in the users list :D) but at least some directions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you by advance,
Sebastien.