[vtkusers] vtk5.10.0_RC3 : problems with vtkChartXY and with vtkTextActor

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed May 2 09:00:04 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 6:53 PM, pof <jd379252 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tested to upgrade my application from vtk5.6.1 to the last 5.10.0.RC3,
> on MSVC++9.0.
> It builds and links fine, so everything looks apparently fine.
>
> Only few (but annoying) bugs I am experiencing are related to the
> vtkChartXY, in which:
> 1) I can no longer set the title properties (text, size...) of the chart,
> and also of the chart axes. In both cases it leads to program crash.
> 2) My app also crashes when opening a view containing the vtkChartXY (this
> used to work nicely under vtk5.6.1), so I guess something has changed

Do the regression tests fail doing this too? These features (and many
more) are exercised in the regression tests in Visual Studio among
others. If you are mixing debug and release builds you can see issues
as you describe that did not used to be as prominent as more API uses
vtkStdString rather than const char * now.

Thanks,

Marcus