[vtkusers] vtk5.10.0_RC3 : problems with vtkChartXY and with vtkTextActor

pof jd379252 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:53:05 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've tested to upgrade my application from vtk5.6.1 to the last
5.10.0.RC3, on MSVC++9.0.
It builds and links fine, so everything looks apparently fine.

Only few (but annoying) bugs I am experiencing are related to the
vtkChartXY, in which:
1) I can no longer set the title properties (text, size...) of the
chart, and also of the chart axes. In both cases it leads to program crash.
2) My app also crashes when opening a view containing the vtkChartXY
(this used to work nicely under vtk5.6.1), so I guess something has changed

Also, just to mention that vtkTextActors are now displayed very badly,
which leads to some almost unreadable text in the view (e.g. title).

JD