[vtkusers] Why I can't create a global vtkPolyData instance?

Wenlong Wang scc.wwl at gmail.com
Tue May 1 04:23:19 EDT 2012

Hi, David

Thank you for your reply.

I think you are right that a function cannot be called outside a scope. But
my confusion is caused because other instances can be created such as
vtkCellArray* poly = vtkCellArray::New().

On the other hand, the error information is "unhandled exception:
0xC0000005: access violation reading location 0x0000000c". Then the
application is break. The compiler opens "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio 9.0\VC\include\vector". The pointer points to ling 726 where the
code is

*        size_type size() const
        {    // return length of sequence
             return (_Mylast - _Myfirst);